Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Rockport to Bucksport, Maine 43.1 miles

 Another " rolling rest day". Followed Penobscot Bay and River today.  Great weather, sun and Katie , Kathy Q and I broke our record for the most stops to eat and sightsee. First stop an organic farm to table lunch in Belfast , then a stop 5 miles down the road in Searsport for a bakery dessert, then surprise.....5 miles later an ice cream stop--our unlimited eating of anything and everything will be ending tomorrow sadly! 
  Guide Michelle changing a tire while carrying 
  on  a conversation- impressive!
  Nancy and Emily from Boston

  Belted Galloway cows in Camden
  Little cottage on a little island

   Beautiful riding today 
  Planters in Belfast 
  Penobscot River near Bucksport
  Bridge over the Penobscot River
   View from the top of the bridge tower
  And finally, crossing the bridge








3 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful ride and plentiful food! What am I going to do when I don't have your blog to read? I think my friends are tired of me telling of your adventures! Thanks for carrying me along on the ride and enjoy your last ride tomorrow! Correction......last ride of this trip....there will be more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see that instead of gas station food you are eating some very special treats, which you so deserve. Your eating habits do not need to change, KK, because you are always so active! Once again, great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll also miss your blog and the wonderful pictures! Enjoy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete